Today’s post is in participation with Women On Writing’s mass-blogging event, Everybody is Talking About Finding the Music in Life. We are celebrating the release of Sonia’s Song by Sonia Korn-Grimani. To read Sonia’s post and follow our symphony of participating bloggers visit The Muffin at http://muffin.wow-womenonwriting.com/. Share your comments on any participating blog for a chance to win a copy of Sonia’s Song!
(If you follow the link above you will learn about the amazing life story of Sonia Korn-Grimani who found strength and resilience through her musical talents to overcome heart-breaking circumstances resulting from the outbreak of World War II in her home of
and Germany . Next week Sonia will guest post here on the Power of Determination and Positive Thinking.) Belgium
Quiz time! See if you can finish the following lyrics from songs of my youth from the late 80’s/early 90’s (I wish I could watch this infomercial):
- So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none …
- Ring the bell school's back in break it down
- She's dressed in yellow, she says "Hello,
come sit next to me you fine fellow."
You run over there without a second to lose
And what comes next hey …
- If there was a problem
Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it …
- Brass Monkey …
- I-pulled- up to a house about seven or eight
I yelled to the cabbie Yo home, smell you later
looked at my kingdom I was finally there
to sit on my throne as …
- Now all the ladies in the place
If you got real hair, real fingernails
If you got a job, you going to school
And y'all need nobody to help you handle your business…
- She says we've got to hold on to what we've got
Cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love –
- And the Funky Bunch helps me
To bring you a show with no intoxication
Come on feel …
- I came to get down. I came to get down. So, get out of your seats and …
- Unless you've got buns, hun (Baby’s Got Back, Sir Mix-A-Lot)
- Hammer time (M. C. Hammer)
- bust a move (Young MC)
- Ice ice baby (Vanilla Ice – who I heard is trying to make a come back!)
- that funky Monkey (Beastie Boys)
- the prince of bel-air (Will Smith)
- Make some noise (Let Me Clear My Throat, DJ Kool)
- well give it a shot (Living on a Prayer, Bon Jovi)
- the vibration (Good Vibrations, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch)
- jump around (House of Pain)
How did you do?
Well, I found the music from one part of my life. Here's a few notable mentions:
"We Are Family" that happened to come on the radio as we pulled into our driveway for the first time as a family of five the day we brought our twins home from the hospital.
"At Last" by request in honor of my brother and sister-in-law's wedding!
"Brown-Eyed Girl" by request for my favorite brown-eyed friend.
"You Decorated My Life" by Kenny Rogers - stop laughing, it was my wedding song.
"Friends in Low Places" because other than hip-hop, I did listen to a good bit of Garth Brooks.
"Margarita-ville" because I'd like to go there now. Really insert any Jimmy Buffet song here.
"Three Little Birds" because it reminds me not to worry.
I'm still taking song requests... Comment here!