Thursday, September 12, 2019

Now I'm Free, Freelancing!

 Hi Friends! It's been a while. Nice to see you again!

While I'm not planning to resume blogging weekly, I wanted to sit back with a cup of coffee and catch up with you. So, go grab your own cup/mug/glass! I'll wait. Got it? Yay!

So, yep yep, as you can see from the title I'm striking out and breaking free, as in freelancing. Audry Fryer, Professional Freelance Writer at your service! More about that further down. Now, when we last chatted, I had shared a post about moving away from blogging and onto other adventures.

So what have you been up to? You ask.

Well, two things and then a third thing. I know, that tells you nothing. Ok, here goes. First, I made a brief yet wonderful return to teaching young children. So, picture me leading a rocking rendition of "Baby Shark. Do-do-Do-do-do!" Plus I spent one afternoon a week teaching a creative writing course to older elementary through middle school age students. It was such a rewarding experience in so many ways.

Sounds fun! And you had time for a second thing?

Sure did! The teaching gig wasn't every day. And much to my sad heart, the director of the school discontinued the program. But as for the second thing cooking on my back burner - I've been writing like I've never written before! I can't wait to share with you my latest novel. It's a historical romance and it's based on love letters and that's all I'm able to tell you right now. Other than I really, really can't wait to share it with you. Fingers crossed the wait ends soon!

Totally can't wait! And now for the third thing. I bet I can guess ...

If you chose Freelance Writer for a thousand and answered, "What is Audry Fryer doing now?" Correct! So far, I've set up shop on my website, created this cute little logo and put together a clever profile on Upwork and LinkedIn. Plus, I've read so many, many articles on how to get started and find clients.

Now, I'm singing, "Hello, is it me you're looking for?" And I'm hoping someone in need of excellent writing will respond, "I can see it in your skills. I can see it in your profile. You're writing is all I wanted, and my business needs your help. 'Cause you know just what to say. And you know just what to write. And I want to tell you so much, I'll hire you."

Good luck with that! If I know someone, how do they contact you?

Go to audryfryer.com and under WRITER for HIRE, there's a nifty contact form that goes straight to my email. Easy-peasy!

Fantastic! Before I go, how's your family doing? I used to love reading about the kids.

Aw, thanks for asking! We're all doing well and getting big. Since July, we're a house of teenagers now. And each one of them needs me to drive them somewhere at sometime for something! We had a fun summer and even met Forrest Gump in Savannah, GA while on our vacation.


We'll have to catch up like this sometime soon! Maybe when I have an exciting announcement. Until then, I hope all is well with you!

Hugs and love,

Audry







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".