Friday, June 27, 2014

Shorts Season

Exciting news! I will be releasing a short story at the end of of July! So, Friends, I need your opinions and help to spread a little hype.


The working title is Sunset Orange Crush. Like the name? Yes or no, let me know!

Here's the description:

Ali's life has been in pieces much like one of her most treasured mementos that fell and shattered a year ago. Wanting to fix what is broken, Ali returns to the small seaside town where her parents once rented a beachside cottage and she once spent an unforgettable summer. Though time has slipped away like dry sand through parted fingers, Ali's memories of sunsets on the beach, a lost friendship and a first love remain strong. However, in the span bridging her youth to adulthood, much has changed. As Ali searches for so much more than fond recollections of a more innocent time, she discovers love and loss, the healing power of forgiveness and grains of the same magic lingering from that one summer.

At about 23 pages, it's a perfect read for an afternoon on the beach or with your morning coffee on your back porch or while lounging at your local pool club or on a hot, steamy night or ... you get the idea!

I would like to submit it to Kindle Single but it takes 6 weeks for a response and then, anyone with a Nook is left out. And, I don't want to leave out the Nooks! Sorry Kindle Single. Maybe next story.

Actual picture of the setting, Cape Henlopen State Park
More fun! The small seaside town in the description refers to Lewes, DE and Rehoboth Beach, DE with an important bit of the story taking place in Ocean City, MD. Yes, I dreamed up this story about two years ago on trip down there. And, yes I was drinking the well-known in OC MD  alcohol-based drink, the orange crush. Yet, I didn't do much with the story until this past spring when I realized what was missing. There's a nice plot twist towards the end that hit me like one of Oprah's famous "Aha moments."

Even more fun!! I need a photo for the cover and it could be yours (with your permission) because ... 

Photo Cover Contest!!! Share your pictures on my FB page of orange sunsets, orange cocktails or even of the Ferris wheel in Ocean City, Md at dusk (you'll see why when you read the story!) and I may choose your picture as the cover. How cool would that be! 
I know you can do better than this!
Okay! That's it for now ... More teasers to come in future blog posts like a sneak peek at the opening pages, drink recipes to make your own Orange Crush and lots of surprises (even to me as I figure out how to generate some hype - suggestions welcome!).

***One month left to enter to win a
 $10 Starbucks Gift Card!*** 
Check out www.audryfryer.com for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".