Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm dreaming of a ...

... finished manuscript.    Oh, did you think I was going to say "White Christmas"?  


It's the most wonderful (a matter of opinion, if you ask me) time of the year!  And, the most distracting time!

Ding-dong, ding-dong, Christmas bells are ringing and my credit card is steaming and I can't get Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" out of my head and if I do, then it's replaced with my children shouting, "Come see this commercial. Now I want that!" And, I know that the product is never as good as the commercial with the kids laughing and the whole slow motion animation thing. And then, there's the wondering of what do I get for people?   And, do I like what I bought or should I return it and get something else?  And then there's the wrapping and the baking and the whole tree thing and should it snow - I won't even go there.

And then, and then, I'm reading this newsletter from a writer's organization I joined - back when my mind was free of sugar plums dancing in my head- and I see this quote:

"If you have a dream of writing, that's wishful thinking.  If you have a commitment to writing, that's the way to make dreams come true." -Nancy Pickard, novelist

I cut it out and taped it on to January.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".