Monday, January 31, 2011

My story

A long time ago,in what seems like a another life and during what I refer to as B.C. (Before Children), I had awoken most weekday mornings ready to take on a classroom full of children and a day's worth of lessons.  When my first child was born, he followed me to the daycare where I taught Pre-K.  And despite his many bouts with car sickness, I was able to arrive nearly on time most days.  Then, two years later, at an appointment during my second pregnancy, I learned that I was about to be a mother of twins.  "There's no way, I'll make it on time to work now!" I exclaimed as my husband fought the impulse to faint.   So, I became a stay-at-home mom and my husband became a work-aholic (he'll do anything to avoid a messy diaper).  Eventually, the extreme sleep deprivation subsided and my three little ones learned to work the t.v. remote.  Now that I had lost my precious talk shows, cooking shows and make-over shows, I needed something to keep my over active mind entertained.  I decided to write.  I had been jotting down poems and ideas for picture books for a long while.  But, I wanted to try something different.  So, little by little, in and out of the next two years, I finally had a entire novel saved in my Word Program.  And, I discovered that I liked working on it so much that I have begun a second one.  What's my motivation?  I really hate crazy mornings when I delude myself that I am able to somehow bend the rules of time so I won't be late again.  Maybe I'll go back to teaching Pre-K which I truly loved. But in the meantime, while the t.v. chants, "Come on vamanos," I've been enjoying my short commute to my laptop.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the cyber world of entertainment, friend! I look forward to hearing about more of your adventures and inspiring tales of mommyhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going out to purchase my Kindle and your book as soon as the ice-storm is over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at the Kindle on Amazon...as soon as you post I am hitting BUY!!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome and Encouraged! I would love to hear your thoughts, reactions or just say, "hi".